I can't believe that you haven't received any comments on this recipe - it is superb! I have made it at least ten times in the past four months. The finished Chicken meat can be used in a variety of mexican dishes so I tend to make a large vat of it and keep the leftovers in the fridge.
Since I've made it so many times, I have taken certain liberties with your recipe (I hope you don't mind!):
- I use a whole 5lb-ish chicken, boiling it for 90 minutes with onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and mesquite seasoning. Once it cools, I separate the meat, shred with two forks, and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid.
- I use a large wok for the next part. Perfect!
- Fry the potatoes in advance and set them aside
- Dice med onion, green pepper, four large garlic cloves, and 1 Jalapeno (with seeds) and fry till tender.
- Add chicken, cumin, and hot pepper (I use Chipotle)
- Add the reserved liquid
- Add the corn and potatoes and 1 can black beans. Heat through.
Ross Andrews |
August 11, 2009 8:44 PM
Remember personal info?
Comments: (you may use HTML tags for style)