We've been deleting a lot of ads for products and services, which convinces me we need a formal advertising policy. Here's the new advertising policy for ads or links to commercial services placed in the Comments section of this blog by hand or by automatic process or program -
You are welcome to post ads in the comments section and expose your products to our generally well informed and quite attractive readers provided that you agree to the following terms -
1. You agree that the service we provide is valuable and that the select nature of our readers entitles us to charge a fee for every advertisement. Also, you agree that each and every ad or link to a commercial service will be allowed to remain for no more than 15 minutes.
2. You agree to pay me, Barrett Buss (me), US$1,000.00 per advertisement. Payment is due in hand within 15 days of the posting of the ad. Multiple posts in a comment section must be paid for individually. You may contact me at this e-mail address to get the address to mail the check to.
3. If your advertisement includes a link to a site that is not reachable (like many have been recently) there is an additional $500.00 charge.
4. If you do not pay the advertising fee in 15 days, an additional $500 late fee will be assesed for each 15 day period or portion thereof until payment is recieved by me.
5. All disputes regarding this contract between you the advertiser, and me will be resolved based on the laws of the City of Chicago, Cook County, the State of Illinois, or the United States of America, respectively.
6. Posting any advertisement in the comments section of this site indicates your acceptance of all these conditions.
Thanks. And we'll hold off on deleting your ads for 15 minutes and then we'll seek you out.